Lansing Catholic Tuition and Fees 2020-2021
We believe a Lansing Catholic High School education is an investment that never loses value.
Tuition at Lansing Catholic High School is based on a cost-to-educate approach, meaning that we project what it will actually cost to educate each student for the school year. This cost is based on the projected expenses divided by the number of projected students.Tuition varies from $4,875 to $9,300, with the average tuition being $7,600 after the parish subsidy and other tuition discounts.
Cost to Educate $10,800
LCHS Gap Grant - $1,500
Tuition Discounts Available:
- Parish Student Discount - Catholic parish subsidies are available (please check with your parish office) to lower the tuition cost. The average parish student discount is $650.
- Multiple Student Discount - A discount is available for families with multiple students in attendance at LCHS.
- Two students attending - $650 discount
- Three students attending - $1,950 discount
- LCHS Gap Grant - The Gap Grant covers the difference between the cost to educate and the actual tuition charged. Every family has the option to accept the LCHS Gap Grant of $1,500 per student or donate it back for a tax deduction.
- Additional Financial Assistance from LCHS & the Diocese of Lansing
- 25% of LCHS students receive financial assistance with an average grant of $3,400.
- All scholarships and tuition assistance are based on financial need.
- Families must apply through FACTS by March 1st each year to be eligible financial assistance grants from the Diocese of Lansing and Lansing Catholic High School.
- Families who have not yet made the decision to attend LCHS are encouraged to apply to FACTS so as not to miss the opportunity to receive financial assistance.
- Families may also participate in our TRIP Program in which families can earn dollars toward tuition. The average TRIP savings is between $200 and $500 per year.
Other costs and fees:
- Application fee: $30 (new students only) ($125 application fee for International students who need an I-20 Visa)
- Enrollment fee: $125 before March 1, $175 after March 1, or $225 after April 1
- Activities fee: $250 (covers cost of yearbook, athletic pass, dance admissions, play and concert admissions, and a parking pass)
- Technology fee: $50 (covers school issued Chromebook and insurance, and other LCHS technology)
- Books: $200 per year (estimate)
- Uniforms: $200 per year (estimate)
Tuition may be paid in one of four ways:
- Payment in full
- Semester payments
- Quarterly payments
- Monthly payments over 11 months (a one-time $50 payment fee applies)
You will select a payment plan during the online enrollment process. The Activities fee of $250 and Technology fee of $50 will be added to your online tuition plan for each student attending. Your 2020-2021 tuition plans will be uploaded into your online tuition accounts by May 31st and will include any parish subsidies, tuition discounts, TRIP credits, and financial aid. Your first tuition payment is due either July 15 or July 30 depending on which tuition due date you selected during the online enrollment process. You may begin to pay on your 2020-2021 tuition plan starting June 1st.
Catholic Parish Subsidy
If you indicated in your online enrollment packet that you would be receiving a tuition subsidy from your Catholic parish, your tuition plan will be based on that information. In order to receive that subsidy for the school year, you must contact your parish office for approval. Please be aware of your parish’s procedures for handling subsidy requests. All parish subsidy approvals are due in the school tuition office by September 30 of each school year.
Other Ways to Pay for Catholic Education
Educational Loans - We have collaborated with Gabriels Community Credit Union to reduce your monthly payments. They have created a private school loan for Lansing Catholic High School families. They offer low monthly payments with an affordable interest rate. You can spread your tuition payments over 12 months. Please contact Gabriels Community Credit Union for more information: 517-484-0601.
529 Plans - Did you know that as of 2018 families can use their 529 savings plans to pay for private K-12 education without penalty? Contact your 529 plan advisor for details.