LCHS Tuition Assistance & Financial Aid Process
Tuition Assistance is available and is based on financial need. This school year, Lansing Catholic distributed more than $464,000 to over 25% of our school families. Families who have not yet made the decision to attend LCHS are encouraged to apply to FACTS so as not to miss the opportunity to receive financial assistance.
Access the Online Financial Aid Application Form from FACTS: https://online.factsmgt.com/
- Families applying for financial assistance need to complete the online FACTS form and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS by March 1st each school year.
- There is a $30 fee to apply for financial assistance, which is paid online after completing the necessary forms.
- The FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment is a third party that conducts the financial need analysis for Lansing Catholic High School.
- By completing the FACTS form online by March 1, you will be considered for ALL financial assistance grants available from the Diocese of Lansing AND Lansing Catholic High School:
- Lansing Catholic High School Education Grant
- This grant is open to all Lansing Catholic High School families who show a need for financial assistance. This grant varies from $500 to $5,000.
- Diocese of Lansing Grant
- This grant is open to any family with a Catholic student(s) in grades K-12 attending a Catholic school in the Diocese of Lansing. The family must show a need for financial assistance, attend a parish in the Diocese of Lansing, and the student must be Catholic. Students in grades 9th-12th may qualify for a $1,000 grant.
- The Venerable Augustus Tolton Scholarship
- This $500 scholarship operates under the patronage of Venerable Augustus Tolton (1854-97), a former slave who became the first African American priest in the United States. This grant is open to any family with a Catholic student(s) in grades K-12 attending a Catholic school in the Diocese of Lansing. The family must show a need for financial assistance, attend a parish in the Diocese of Lansing and the student must be African American or Black.
- Lansing Catholic High School Education Grant
- Applicants can complete the online FACTS form at this website: https://online.factsmgt.com/
- All forms and supporting documentation are submitted to FACTS online.
- Create an online account with FACTS or use an account login from previous years
- Complete the online form through FACTS
- Submit the following documents to FACTS online:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules and W2's.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers' Compensation, and TANF.
- If you have any questions about the financial assistance process through FACTS, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637 or LCHS Tuition Advisor Mrs. Renee Fischman at Lansing Catholic High School.
Parish Student Discount
Our Catholic parishes offer assistance to their students attending Lansing Catholic High School. Contact your parish business office to see if there is a parish subsidy available and follow their application process. The average parish subsidy is $650.
Did you know that as of 2018 families can use their 529 savings plans to pay for private K-12 education without penalty? Contact your 529 plan advisor for details.
Education Loan Options
An additional option for helping finance tuition costs is to apply for a K-12 education loan. LCHS has collaborated with Gabriels Community Credit Union to reduce your monthly payments. They have created a private school loan for Lansing Catholic High School families. They offer low monthly payments with an affordable interest rate. You can spread your tuition payments over 12 months. Please contact Gabriels Community Credit Union for more information: 517-484-0601.
Frequently Asked Questions About LCHS Financial Assistance
- What if my financial assistance application is submitted after March 1, 2020, am I eligible for any financial assistance?
- Applications received after that date are NOT eligible for the Diocese of Lansing grants, but are still eligible for some LCHS financial assistance.
- Do I have to complete separate financial assistance applications for my children if they attend different Catholic schools?
- No, you submit one financial assistance application per family. You list each student and the school they attend on one application. The Diocese of Lansing and each school will receive your information and financial assistance determination.
- What if I do not have access to a computer and cannot complete the form online?
- You can contact LCHS tuition advisor, Mrs. Renee Fischman, to set up an appointment for you to use a computer at LCHS: 517-267-2107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- I can complete the form online, but I cannot upload or scan the required documents, what do I do?
- You can contact LCHS tuition advisor, Mrs. Renee Fischman, and she will upload your documents for you at LCHS: 517-267-2107 or email@example.com
- When will I know if I qualified for any financial assistance?
- You will receive seperate notifications from the Diocese of Lansing and LCHS by May 31, 2020 notifying you of your determination and amount of financial assistance.
- I did not qualify for any financial assistance through FACTS, is there anything I can do to receive financial assistance?
- Yes, if it was determined that you did not show a financial need, and you still require financial assistance, then you can contact the LCHS tuition office and complete a reconsideration form.
- When is the first tuition payment due?
- For all payment plans, the first payment is due either July 15th or July 30th depending on the due date you selected in your online enrollment with LCHS.
- Can I volunteer and receive credit for tuition?
- We do not have a volunteer program set up for tuition credits. All of our volunteering efforts go to our clubs, extracurricular events, and sports teams. We leave the volunteering and fundraising to these groups so they can keep any fees associated with their programs to a minimum. However, you can participate in LCHS’s TRIP program and the money earned is posted to your tuition account: https://lansingcatholic.org/admissions/trip-program
- Who do I contact if I have other questions regarding tuition and assistance?
- Please contact Mrs. Renee Fischman in the LCHS Tuition Office at 517-267-2107 or firstname.lastname@example.org