Skip to main content
- To provide overall Board leadership and coordination of Board functions and responsibilities;
- To act as liaison with the school administration and Board.
- To create a process for recruiting new Board members and to design and implement a process for the selection of Board officers;
- To ensure the strength of the Board and the implementation of its responsibilities by providing appropriate orientations, in-service training and evaluations.
- To formulate and propose to the Board, policies and plans which will ensure that the school maintains and enhances its identity as Catholic and carries out its mission;
- To work with the administration and through the administration, with the staff and faculty on programs designed to publicly enhance the Catholic character and identity of the school.
- To form the Board meeting agenda;
- To monitor the Board calendar;
- To make decisions;
- To support the president/principal;
- To be leaders of the Board;
- To determine annually the membership needs of the Board;
- To actively recruit potential nominees;
- To present to the Board at its annual meeting a list of candidates for Board membership;
- To work with the school administration and Board leadership in preparing and conducting informational meetings for Board nominees;
- To provide for Board member orientation and training with the Committee on Trustees;
- To provide for annual Board evaluation (self-evaluation, owner and chief administrator);
- To ensure that all standing and ad hoc committees have written committee charges.
- To assist in formulating policies which will enhance the Catholic identity of the school;
- To participate in strategic planning in a way which will ensure the Catholic identity of the school;
- To participate with the school administration in publicly proclaiming and enhancing the Catholic identity and mission of the school;
- To plan and coordinate the annual Board retreat dealing with Catholic identity and mission effectiveness.
- Mary Lou Heberlein
- Jeff Fineis
- Dominic Iocco