As a student at Lansing Catholic High School you are part of something bigger, not just a number or another face in the crowd. You will be part of a community of people who care about you as an individual and who strive to help you grow intellectually, spiritually, and socially.
- Complete the application
- Return the application and $25 application fee to LCHS
2) Get Accepted
- The first set of acceptance letters are mailed in early January.
- Families are notified of acceptances by mail and email.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until our freshmen class is full.
- Acceptances are conditional on the successful completion of 8th grade and 8th grade teacher recommendations.
- Registration appointments take place throughout February and March.
- Available dates and times for registration meetings are mailed with acceptance letters and a sign up link is sent by email.
- Families meet individually with LCHS staff to determine next year’s class schedule, and create a four year plan for academic, spiritual, social, and service opportunities at registration meetings.
- Pay the registration fee of $125 (or $225 after April 15), turn in the Tuition Calculation Worksheet/Financial Agreement Form, and establish a tuition plan with our tuition advisor
- Turn in a copy of immunizations and birth certificate
- After March 27, families need to contact our counseling and tuition offices directly to schedule a registration appointment:
Detailed Admissions Timeline for Incoming 9th Graders
- December - Application information is mailed to families with 8th graders
- December, January, February, & March - Applications are returned to LCHS & Acceptance letters along with registration and tuition information are mailed to families who have applied
- February & March - 8th grade families meet individually with LCHS staff for registration appointments to determine next year's class schedule, four year educational plans, and tuition plans.
- March 1 - Financial Assistance Priority Deadline (This is a priority deadline to be eligible for the maximum number of scholarships. Families will still be considered after this deadline, but will miss out on some scholarship opportunities.)
- April 15 - Registration fee increases to $225 per student (registration fee of $125 before April 15) & Class selection deadline
- April 15, 2020 - Meet the Cougars event for incoming 9th graders and their parents at LCHS
- June 3, 2020 - Ice Cream Social for incoming 9th graders and their parents at LCHS at 7pm-8pm
- June & July - new link for 2020 will be available in the spring of 2020 2019: Chromebook Orientations
- end of June - Course Schedules are set and families can view final schedules on Skyward
- July TBA, 2020 - Used Textbook and Uniform Swap takes place
- August TBA, 2020 - Freshman Family Orientation for parents and students
- August TBA, 2020 - 9th Grade Student Orientation
- August TBA, 2020 - School begins!
- Freshman Supply List 2019-2020
- Athletics Coach List
- Uniforms - Educational Outfitters Link
- Freshman Summer Reading Guide - Summer 2019
- At-A-Glance Calendar 2019-2020
- Freshman Family Summer Survival Guide 2019
- Textbook List 2019-2020
- School Profile 2018-19
- Academic Courses 2018-19
Lansing Catholic HS does not currently require a placement test for admittance. Acceptance into our 9th grade class is conditional on the successful completion of 8th grade. We ask 8th grade teachers to make course recommendations for English and Math classes based on the student’s current class, grades, work ethic, and quality of work.
Bypassing Algebra 1 – Traditionally, 9th graders take Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 1 at LCHS. If your student is taking a complete Algebra 1 course in 8th grade, then your student has the option to test to bypass Algebra 1 at LCHS.
- More information about testing out of Algebra 1 can be found here.
- Testing dates: January 22 & 23, 2019 at 3:10pm & June 5 & 6, 2019 at 12:00pm
- 2019 - Sign Up Here for the Algebra 1 By-Pass Test
- The Algebra 1 by-pass exams are the same exams that our students in regular Algebra 1 at LCHS take.
- Students have up to 70 minutes to complete each exam and there are no exam re-takes.
- Students who score 80% or higher on each exam are eligible to bypass Algebra 1 and register for Honors Geometry in 9th grade and be considered for Honors Algebra 2 in 10th grade.
- Students who score over 70% on each exam are eligible to bypass Algebra 1 and register for regular Geometry in 9th grade and will take regular Algebra 2 in 10th grade.
- Students who score between 70% and 80% on the bypass exams and who intend to take Honors Algebra 2, Honors Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus in the future should take Honors Algebra 1 or double up by taking Honors Algebra 1 and Honors Geometry in 9th grade to build a stronger algebra foundation needed for future honors mathemtaics courses. Students who intend to take honors level course should be hardworking, independent thinkers who excel at and enjoy mathematics.
- Contact Math Dept. Chair, Mrs. Gina Hipple with any questions: email@example.com
Testing into an advanced level Spanish – Contact Spanish Teacher, Mrs. Luz Fell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of Spanish.
Testing into an advanced level French – Contact French Teacher, Ms. Katelyn Sorenson at email@example.com for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of French.