INCOMING 9TH GRADERS
"I love Lansing Catholic High School because it feels like my second home. All the students and staff are like family to me. I love how every day I am learning but I and also growing as a person and growing in my faith." -Student, LCHS class of 2021
As a student at Lansing Catholic High School you will be part of a community of people who care about you as an individual and who strive to help you grow intellectually, spiritually, and socially.
1) Apply Now!
- Create a Parent Account and complete the Online Application for your student
- (If you have already set up a parent account and started an application for your student, but need to complete it, please click here to login to your account.)
- Upload your student's statement of why he/she wants to attend LCHS, immunization records, & birth certificate into the online application
- Submit the application packet and $30 application fee online
2) Get Accepted
- The first set of acceptance letters are sent in early February.
- Families are notified of acceptances by mail and email.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until our freshmen class is full.
- Acceptances are conditional on the successful completion of 8th grade, 8th grade teacher recommendations, and attendance & disciplinary records from middle school.
3) Enroll & Make Course Requests
- Complete & Submit the Online Enrollment Packet in the FACTS Family Portal and pay $125 enrollment fee online before March 1 (or $175 after March 1, or $225 after April 1)
- Registration appointments take place weekly throughout February and March for families who have completed the online enrollment.
- Available dates and times for registration meetings are mailed with acceptance letters and a sign up link is sent by email.
- Registration Meetings
- Families meet individually with LCHS staff to determine review course requests and discuss a four year plan for academic, spiritual, social, and service opportunities at registration meetings.
- LCHS will also verify that you have submitted your online enrollment packet at this meeting. (Course requests cannot be accepted until your online enrollment is complete.)
- After April 20, 2021, families need to contact our counseling office directly for an appointment:
Learn More - Video Presentations
- Overall Life at LCHS
- Virtual Tour of LCHS
- Student Thoughts on LCHS
- Faith & Service
- Sports & Activities
Other Important Dates
- March 1 - Financial Assistance Priority Deadline (This is a priority deadline to be eligible for the maximum number of scholarships. Families will still be considered after this deadline, but will miss out on some scholarship opportunities.)
- March 1 - Enrollment fee increases from $125 to $175 per student (Families must apply for admissions by February 15 to ensure an enrollment link is sent before March 1.)
- April 1 - Enrollment fee increases from $175 to $225 per student
- June 9, 2021 - Combined Meet the Cougars & Ice Cream Social event for incoming 9th graders and their parents
- June & July & August TBD, 2021 - Chromebook Orientations
- July & August TBA - Course Schedules are set and families can view final schedules in the FACTS Family Portal
- August TBD, 2021 - Freshman Parent Orientation (for parents only)
- August TBD, 2021 - 9th Grade Student Orientation (for students only)
- August TBD, 2021 - 1st Day of School!
Helpful Freshman Family Links
- At-A-Glance Calendar 2021-2022
- Textbook List 2021-2022
- Summer Reading Assignment 2021
- Freshman Family Summer Survival Guide 2021
- LCHS Parent Facebook Group
- Course Guide 2021-2022
- Freshman Supply List 2021-2022
- Service Information for Incoming 9th Graders
- Freshman Family Binder for 2021-2022
- LCHS Athletics Coach List
- Uniforms - RBG Uniforms Link
- Uniforms - RBG Flyer for 2021
- Map of the School
Lansing Catholic HS does not currently require a placement test for admittance. Acceptance into our 9th grade class is conditional on the successful completion of 8th grade. We ask 8th grade teachers to make course recommendations for English and Math classes based on the student’s current class, grades, work ethic, and quality of work.
Testing to bypass Algebra 1 – Traditionally, 9th graders take Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 1 at LCHS. If your student is taking a complete Algebra 1 course in 8th grade, then your student has the option to test to bypass Algebra 1 at LCHS. Testing will take place on May 25 & 26, 2021. Please complete this form to sign up for testing. Please contact LCHS Algebra 1 Teacher Christen VanNewkirk with any Algebra 1 curriculum questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to sign up is May 19, 2021.
- Typical Course Sequence: 9th Algebra 1, 10th Geometry, 11th Algebra 2, 12th Pre-Calc
- Bypassing Course Sequence: 9th Hon Geometry, 10th Hon Algebra 2, 11th Hon Pre-Calc, 12th AP Calculus
Testing into an advanced level Spanish – Contact Spanish Teacher, Mrs. Luz Fell for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of Spanish: email@example.com
Testing into an advanced level French – Contact French Teacher, Ms. Katelyn Sorenson for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of French: firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing into an advanced level Latin – Contact Latin Teacher, Ms. Hannah Griffioen for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of Latin: email@example.com