Lansing Catholic HS does not currently require a placement test for admittance. Acceptance into our 9th grade class is conditional on the successful completion of 8th grade. We ask 8th grade teachers to make course recommendations for English and Math classes based on the student’s current class, grades, work ethic, and quality of work.
Bypassing Algebra 1 – Traditionally, 9th graders take Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 1 at LCHS. If your student is taking a complete Algebra 1 course in 8th grade, then your student has the option to test to bypass Algebra 1 at LCHS.
- More information about testing out of Algebra 1 can be found here.
- Testing dates: January 22 & 23, 2019 at 3:10pm & June 5 & 6, 2019 at 12:00pm
- 2019 - Sign Up Here for the Algebra 1 By-Pass Test
- The Algebra 1 by-pass exams are the same exams that our students in regular Algebra 1 at LCHS take.
- Students have up to 70 minutes to complete each exam and there are no exam re-takes.
- Students who score 80% or higher on each exam are eligible to bypass Algebra 1 and register for Honors Geometry in 9th grade and be considered for Honors Algebra 2 in 10th grade.
- Students who score over 70% on each exam are eligible to bypass Algebra 1 and register for regular Geometry in 9th grade and will take regular Algebra 2 in 10th grade.
- Students who score between 70% and 80% on the bypass exams and who intend to take Honors Algebra 2, Honors Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus in the future should take Honors Algebra 1 or double up by taking Honors Algebra 1 and Honors Geometry in 9th grade to build a stronger algebra foundation needed for future honors mathemtaics courses. Students who intend to take honors level course should be hardworking, independent thinkers who excel at and enjoy mathematics.
- Contact Math Dept. Chair, Mrs. Gina Hipple with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing into an advanced level Spanish – Contact Spanish Teacher, Mrs. Luz Fell at email@example.com for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of Spanish.
Testing into an advanced level French – Contact French Teacher, Ms. Katelyn Sorenson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding testing into an advanced level of French.