Lansing Catholic HS does not currently require a placement test for admittance. Acceptance into our 9th grade class is conditional on the successful completion of 8th grade. We ask 8th grade teachers to make course recommendations for English and Math classes based on the student’s current class, grades, work ethic, and quality of work.
Testing out of Algebra 1 – Traditionally, 9th graders take Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 1 at LCHS. If your student is taking a complete Algebra 1 course in 8th grade, then your student has the option to test to bypass Algebra 1 at LCHS.
- More information about testing out of Algebra 1 can be found here.
- Testing dates: January TBA, 2019 & June TBA, 2019
- 2018 - Sign Up Here for the Algebra 1 By-Pass Test
- Our Algebra 1 by-pass exams are the same exams that our students in Algebra 1 at LCHS take.
- Students have up to 70 minutes to complete each exam.
- Contact Math Dept. Chair, Mrs. Gina Hipple at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Testing out of Spanish – Contact Spanish Teacher, Mrs. Luz Fell at email@example.com for more information regarding testing out of Spanish or into an advanced level of Spanish.
Testing out of French – Contact French Teacher, Mr. Rod Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding testing out of French or into an advanced level of French.